Amos graduated from the National University of Singapore with a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) degree in June 2011 and was called to the Singapore Bar in July 2012. He completed his training and practised with several other medium sized firms before joining Tito Isaac & Co LLP as a Senior Associate.
Amos’s main areas of practice are civil /commercial litigation and criminal litigation. Amos has also acted for and advised clients in many other areas of law including probate, bankruptcy, and construction arbitrations / adjudication applications.
Some of the notable cases in which Amos has been involved include the following:
- Assisted in a SIAC Arbitration involving a construction dispute worth in excess of S$12 million.
- Assisted in a High Court Suit where client was faced with an S$1 million civil claim, and defended client substantially, including succeeding on a point of law involving amendment of pleadings after trial.
- Obtained summary judgment for S$1.2 million in a civil claim, and assisted in defending the appeal to the summary judgment.
- Assisted in a dispute where he successfully obtained leave for the client to initiate a Shareholders Derivative Action on behalf of the Company.
- Assisted in a Court of Appeal case regarding a striking out of third party proceedings.
- Assisted in a Court of Appeal case regarding a shareholders’ dispute.
- Assisted in a High Court suit regarding breach of employees’ duties.
- Defended an accused in a pro bono drug trafficking trial that lasted over 3 days.
A volunteer with CLAS and NGO
Amos is a volunteer lawyer with the Singapore Law Society's Criminal Legal Aid Scheme (CLAS), a non-profit initiative by the Law Society of Singapore to provide assistance to the underprivileged in criminal cases. He is also a volunteer with the Singapore NGO that works with migrant workers.
Outside of legal practice, Amos is actively involved in sports such as football and tennis and participates in such activities on a regular basis. Amos represents the Law Society football team in the annual Bench and Bar competition.
LLB Honours (NUS)
Advocate & Solicitor (Singapore)
DID: +65 6730 6022